Last updated: October 1, 2022
What Information We Collect
We may collect information from and about you, including information that you provide, information from other sources, and automatically collected information.
Information You Provide
When you create an account, upload content, contact us directly, or otherwise use the Platform, you may provide some or all of the following information:
- Account and profile information, such as name, username, password, email, phone number, date of birth, gender, and profile image.
- User-generated content, including comments, photographs, live streams, audio recordings, videos, text, hashtags, and virtual item videos that you choose to create with or upload to the Platform (“User Content”) and the associated metadata, such as when, where, and by whom the content was created. Even if you are not a user, information about you may appear in User Content created or published by users on the Platform. When you create User Content, we may upload or import it to the Platform before you save or post the User Content (also known as pre-uploading), for example, in order to recommend audio options, generate captions, and provide other personalized recommendations. If you apply an effect to your User Content, we may collect a version of your User Content that does not include the effect.
- Messages, which include information you provide when you compose, send, or receive messages through the Platform’s messaging functionalities. They include messages you send through our chat functionality when communicating with merchants who sell goods to you, and your use of virtual assistants when purchasing items through the Platform. That information includes the content of the message and information about the message, such as when it was sent, received, or read, and message participants. Please be aware that messages you choose to send to other users of the Platform will be accessible by those users and that we are not responsible for the manner in which those users use or share the messages.
- Information, including text, images, and videos, found in your device’s clipboard, with your permission. For example, if you choose to initiate information sharing with a third-party platform, or choose to paste content from the clipboard onto the Platform, we access this information stored in your clipboard in order to fulfill your request.
- Your phone, with your permission. If you choose to find other users through your phone contacts, we will access and collect information such as names, phone numbers, and email addresses, and match that information against existing users of the Platform. If you choose to find other users through your social network contacts, we will collect your public profile information as well as the names and profiles of your social network contacts.
- Your choices and communication preferences.
- Information to verify an account such as proof of identity or age.
- Information in correspondence you send to us, including when you contact us for support.
- Information you share through surveys or your participation in challenges, research, promotions, marketing campaigns, events, or contests such as your gender, age, likeness, and preferences.
Information From Other Sources
- If you choose to sign-up or log in to the Platform using a third-party service such as Facebook or link your Hollywoodgo account to a third-party service, we may collect information from the service–for example, your public profile information (such as nickname), email, and contact list.
- Advertisers, measurement, and other partners share information with us about you and the actions you have taken outside of the Platform, such as your activities on other websites and apps or in stores, including the products or services you purchased, online or in person. These partners also share information with us, such as mobile identifiers for advertising, hashed email addresses and phone numbers, and cookie identifiers, which we use to help match you and your actions outside of the Platform with your Hollywoodgo account.
- We may obtain information about you from certain affiliated entities within our corporate group, including about your activities on their platform.
- We may receive information about you from others, including where you are included or mentioned in User Content, direct messages, in a complaint, appeal, request, or feedback submitted to us, or if your contact information is provided to us. We may collect information about you from other publicly available sources.
Automatically Collected Information
We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including internet or other network activity information such as your IP address, geolocation-related data, unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the Platform), and Cookies.
- Usage Information. We collect information regarding your use of the Platform and any other User Content that you generate through or upload to our Platform.
- Device Information. We collect certain information about the device you use to access the Platform, such as your IP address, user agent, mobile carrier, time zone settings, identifiers for advertising purposes, model of your device, the device system, network type, device IDs, your screen resolution and operating system, app and file names and types, keystroke patterns or rhythms, battery state, audio settings and connected audio devices. We automatically assign you a device ID and user ID. Where you log in from multiple devices, we will be able to use information such as your device ID and user ID to identify your activity across devices. We may also associate you with information collected from devices other than those you use to log in to the Platform.
- Location Data. We collect information about your approximate location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address. In addition, we collect location information (such as tourist attractions, shops, or other points of interest) if you choose to add the location information to your User Content. With your permission, we may also collect precise location data (such as GPS).
- Image and Audio Information. We may collect information about the videos, images, and audio that are a part of your User Content, such as identifying the objects and scenery that appear, the existence and location within an image of face and body features and attributes, the nature of the audio, and the text of the words spoken in your User Content. We may collect this information to enable special video effects, for content moderation, for demographic classification, for content and ad recommendations, and for other non-personally-identifying operations. We may collect biometric identifiers and biometric information as defined under U.S. laws, such as faceprints and voiceprints, from your User Content. Where required by law, we will seek any required permissions from you prior to any such collection.
- Metadata. When you upload or create User Content, you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. For example, in connection with your User Content, the metadata can describe how, when, where, and by whom the piece of User Content was created, collected, or modified and how that content is formatted. It also includes information, such as your account name, that enables other users to trace back the User Content to your user account. Additionally, metadata includes data that you choose to provide with your User Content, e.g., any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video and captions.
We may link your contact or account information with your activity on and off our Platform across all your devices, using your email or other log-in or device information. We may use this information to display advertisements on our Platform tailored to your interests, preferences, and characteristics.
How We Use Your Information
As explained below, we use your information to improve, support, and administer the Platform, to allow you to use its functionalities, and to fulfill and enforce our Terms of Service. We may also use your information to, among other things, show you suggestions, promote the Platform, and customize your ad experience.
We generally use the Information We Collect:
- To fulfill requests for products, services, Platform functionality, support, and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes, and to solicit your feedback.
- To customize the content, you see when you use the Platform. For example, we may provide you with services based on the country settings you have chosen or show you content that is similar to content that you have liked or interacted with.
- To send promotional materials from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third parties.
- To improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development.
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of the advertisements we serve to you and others and to deliver advertising, including targeted advertising, to you on the Platform.
- To make suggestions and provide a customized ad experience.
- To support the social functions of the Platform, including permitting you and others to connect with each other (for example, through our Find Friends function), to suggest accounts to you and others, and for you and others to share, download, and otherwise interact with User Content posted through the Platform.
- To use User Content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform.
- To understand how you use the Platform, including across your devices.
- To infer additional information about you, such as your age, gender, and interests.
- To help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform.
- To promote the safety and security of the Platform, including by scanning, analyzing, and reviewing User Content, messages, and associated metadata for violations of our Terms of Service or other conditions and policies.
- To verify your identity in order to use certain features, such as Livestream or verified accounts, or when you apply for a Pro Account, to ensure that you are old enough to use the Platform (as required by law), or in other instances where verification may be required.
- To communicate with you, including notifying you about changes in our services.
- To announce you as a winner of our contests or promotions if permitted by the promotion rule, and to send you any applicable prizes.
- To enforce our Terms of Service and other conditions and policies.
- Consistent with your permissions, to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising and other personalized content.
- To train and improve our technology, such as our machine learning models and algorithms.
- To combine all the information, we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
- To facilitate sales, promotion, and purchases of goods and services and to provide user support.
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and while Hollywooodgo does not sell your personal information or share your personal information with third parties for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising where restricted by applicable law, we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the Information We Collect for business purposes.
Service Providers and Business Partners
We share the categories of personal information listed above with service providers and business partners to help us perform business operations and for business purposes, including research, payment processing, transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, administering contests and special offers, technology services, deliveries, sending communications, advertising and marketing services, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, and data processing. These service providers and business partners may include:
- Customer and technical support providers, who may receive the Information You Provide, Information From Other Sources, and Automatically Collected Information.
- Researchers who may receive the Information You Provide, Information From Other Sources, and Automatically Collected Information.
- Advertising, marketing, and analytics vendors, who may receive the Information You Provide, Information From Other Sources, and Automatically Collected Information.
Within Our Corporate Group
We may share all of the Information We Collect with a parent, subsidiary, or other affiliates of our corporate group.
In Connection with a Sale, Merger, or Other Business Transfer
We may share all of the Information We Collect in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sales, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
For Legal Reasons
We may disclose any of the Information We Collect to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal processes, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of the Platform, our affiliates, users, or the public. We may also share any of the Information We Collect to enforce any terms applicable to the Platform, to exercise or defend any legal claims, and comply with any applicable law.
With Your Consent
We may share your information for other purposes pursuant to your consent or at your direction.
We partner with third-party services (such as Facebook) to offer you a seamless sign-up, log-in, and content-sharing experience. We may share information about you with these third-party services if you choose to use these features. For example, the services may receive information about your activity on the Platform and may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Platform, in accordance with their privacy policies. If you choose to allow a third-party service to access your account, we will share certain information about you with the third party. Depending on the permissions you grant, the third party may be able to obtain your account information and other information you choose to provide.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Platform, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while using the Platform. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
You may submit a request to know, access, correct, or delete the information we have collected about you at https://m.hollywoodgo.ai/privacy-policy. You may appeal any decision we have made about your request by following the instructions in the communication you receive from us notifying you of our decision. You may also exercise your rights to know, access, correct, delete, or appeal by sending your request to the physical address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. You can also update your account information directly through your in-app settings, as well as request a copy of your Hollywoodgo data or request to deactivate or delete your account. Your right to know includes what personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we share the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. We do not discriminate based on the exercise of any privacy rights that you might have.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent. To designate an authorized agent to exercise choices on your behalf, please provide evidence that you have given such agent power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We will respond to your request consistently with applicable law and subject to proper verification. We will verify your request by asking you to send it from the email address associated with your account or to provide the information necessary to verify your account.
- You may be able to control some of the Information We Collect through your device browser settings to refuse or disable Cookies. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. In addition, your choice to disable Cookies is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you disable Cookies, so you may need to separately disable Cookies for each type of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Platform may no longer be available to you. Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all of the requested services.
- Your device may have controls that determine what Information We Collect. For example, you can control whether we can collect your mobile advertising identifier for advertising through settings on your Apple and Android devices.
- You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails.
- If you previously chose to share precise location information, you can prevent your device from sharing precise location information (e.g., GPS location information) with the Platform at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
- If you have registered for an account, you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
- Some browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how browsers incorporate and activate this feature, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Data Security and Retention
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
The retention periods are different depending on different criteria, such as the type of information and the purposes for which we use the information. For example, when we process your information such as your profile information to provide you with the Platform, we keep this information for as long as you have an account. If you violate our Terms of Service or other conditions or policies, we may remove your profile immediately but may keep other information about you to process the violation.
Hollywoodgo may transmit your data to its servers or data centers outside of the United States for storage and/or processing. Other entities with whom Hollywoodgo may share your data as described herein may be located outside of the United States.
Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes (Shine the Light)
If you are a California resident, once a calendar year, you may be entitled to obtain information about the personal information that we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. To submit a request, contact us at: https://m.hollywoodgo.ai/privacy-policy.
Content Removal for Users Under 18
Users of the Platform who are California residents and are under 18 years of age may request and obtain the removal of User Content they posted by contacting us at: https://m.hollywoodgo.ai/privacy-policy. All requests must provide a description of the User Content you want to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that User Content. We do not accept California Removal Requests via postal mail, telephone, or facsimile. We may not be able to respond if you do not provide adequate information. Please note that your request does not ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, User Content that you have posted may be republished or reposted by another user.
- Contact us: https://m.hollywoodgo.ai/privacy-policy
- Mailing Address: 3580 Wilshire Blvd #100, Los Angeles CA, 90010